Wednesday 9 April 2014

A Day in the Life: What are you doing in WoW at the Moment?

In World of Warcraft at the moment, we are in that part of the expansion cycle where everything slows down. Raiding continues from day to day, crafting and selling items on the auction house isn't as lucrative at the moment, and every one is just waiting for Warlords to hit beta and finally release. For some, this is the time they unsub and go and play something else for a while. For others, they remained subscribed and just play on weekends, not pushing themselves to do anything. Myself? I've been catching up on everything I've missed since starting WoW 10 months ago.

My main focus with my Hunter has been on doing the Tillers rep so I can get my little farm up and running. In the process, I also leveled my cooking to around 570, and have been trying to level my fishing up alongside it. It's all basically just busy work to keep me going. I'm also up to the part of the legendary cloak questline that involves getting Secrets of the Empire from both Throne of Thunder and Siege of Orgrimmar. In 3 weeks, I'm up to 6 of 20... so my luck hasn't really been the best.

For those of you who actually know me, you also know that I boosted a Priest from level 50 to 90. I have one regret with that boost. I should have just bitten the bullet and leveled it to 60 to get the professions boost as well. Oh well, live and learn I guess. So a lot of time has been spent leveling skinning and herbalism on that toon, and once my herbalism is at 600, I will have all three gathering professions at max level, giving me another source of income in the game.

Also on my Priest, I healed two different raids with the guys and gals from BoB. The first time healing a raid was awesome, and at no point did I feel like I was struggling (massive thanks to Tainted for helping me out the whole time!). The second time however... well let's just say with the mood I was in, I shouldn't have been playing any game, let alone trying to heal a raid in WoW. It's amazing how when you are already angry, failing in a raid can make you rage even harder. In retrospect, while I'm normally very chill, I was definitely not in the right mood to be trying anything gaming related, let alone a multiplayer game.

So that's what I've been up to in game, and in an effort to try and get some comments going here, I'm going to leave you with the question: What have you been doing in WoW while you wait for WoD to get released?

As always folks,

GAME ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment