Friday 22 November 2013

The Bottom Line: a Tetris life update.

Wow, it's been a crazy few months for me in my real life. I work a seasonal job in reticulation and this summer has started hard and fast for us. This has resulted in two things. First, I am working weekends. I get a day off through the week, and I use that to catch up on what I would normally do on the weekend. Second, I am extremely behind on my gaming.

Hearthstone's beta has been a godsend, allowing me to play a couple of games for sessions of ten to thirty minutes at a time as I have the chance. Minecraft has taken up the bulk of my remaining gaming time, with myself and a friend playing our creative world and building some sweet structures for some fun. Any other time has been spent playing a few games I've picked up from the Humble Bundles that recently came up - LoTR: War in the North and F.E.A.R.

F.E.A.R has always been one of those games that I have wanted to play, but never got the chance. It came out around the same time as Battlefield 2 and that game dominated my gaming at the time. The game has aged well, with the gameplay holding up too. War in the North is fun, if a little flawed. There could have been so much more done with the game, but it seems like most licensed games they either ran out of time or money had to drop some features.

I haven't logged into Eve at all. Ever since the Somer fiasco I just haven't wanted to deal with the entitled idiots in game who have ruined it a little for me. WoW isn't much better, with the player base complaining about the announcement that they might delay flying for Warlords of Draenor. I wish people were less aggressive about their complaining.

Hopefully soon, I can pick up a copy of X Rebirth. There are no fancy words I can use to describe just how excited I am for that game, but I need to have a sizable chuck of time to dedicate to it, and I just don't have the time right now. I've described X to my friends as Eve Offline, with joystick controls. It's not entirely accurate, but it does convey the general idea of X as a game.

As always ladies and gents,

GAME ON! Especially when you actually can GAME ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment